Monday 11 February 2013

Daisy Street Disco Pants

I'm about to make a bold statement (then run away before the blogging gods smite me where I type) - I don't want a pair of American Apparel disco pants. That's right - the holy grail of the fashion blogosphere - don't care anymore. That's how much I love my Daisy Street dupes.

Disco Pants: Daisy Street (available here), Velvet Crop Top: Missguided, Boots: Primark

As comfy, versatile and loveable as my Boohoo Ameries are, I've always hankered after a "proper" button-fly pair too, so these went straight onto my Christmas list (being the best value pair I could find on the web) and were promptly snapped up by my grandmother, who spent much of the late '70s/early '80s in a similar pair!

I'll admit I've never actually tried a pair of AA "originals", but to me, these seem near-indistinguishable for less than a third of the price, and in fact, from the exhaustive web-based "research" I've undertaken, I think I even prefer them. Call it a reaction against growing up in the early noughties (when the Britney effect had us all displaying not only our bejewelled navels, but often most of our underwear, to the world at large, in the lowest rise garments known to woman), but I like high-waisted to mean high-waisted, and the AA versions tend to bare just a bit too much belly button for my liking.

These are super high-waisted, super thick-and-shiny and super comfortable (in the right size - they do have the "peel-on-and-suck-in" qualities of "real" disco pants, but I am happy to report that, 6 weeks after Christmas, I can now breathe and even move in them without feeling physically sick).


My Disco Wish List


I feel this could be the start of a dangerous addiction... not only am I already planning my SS13 monochrome ensembles around my black pair, but I have started to seriously lust after the incredible rainbow of other options on offer... How perfect would the olive green pair be as a glam substitute for khaki combats? Or the graphite for an easy throw-on-and-go take on spring metallics? They'd be perfect for a stand-out sports luxe look which I could take from dance audition to shopping spree to, er, disco! I might even be tempted to try them in apparent-colour-of-the-season emerald green... or burgundy to see me through the winter-spring transition... Disco shorts are definitely on the wish list too... argh!

Have you ever bought anything from Daisy Street? What disco goodies are on your wish list?


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookTwitterInstagramPinterest

12 comments:

  1. They look amazing on you, I really want a navy pair I may chance getting a dupe as these look so good!!

    www.studdedkisses.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Roxii, ah yeah I would love some navy ones too! I'd definitely give these a try :)

      Delete
  2. amazing look dear! And beautiful body ;)

    XOXO
    Arianna

    http://aryannastyle.blogspot.it/

    https://www.facebook.com/AryannaStyle

    ReplyDelete
  3. U look gorgeous as always! Love d pants! Wish i cud pull it off.

    http://www.justporsh.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been eyeing up disco pants for a ridiculous amount of months and I still haven't got any. I really love the graphite pair you've included up there.
    And disco shorts? wow! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth the investment - you'll never look back ;) haha

      Delete
  5. How is the sizing of these? I'm from the US and looking for get some, but I am a bit confused about what size to get. I'm like a 6/8 here, but i don't know what my UK size is. (The site is UK sizes if I am not mistaken) Help! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kristen! A US 6-8 should be a UK 10-12 - I'd say these are fairly true to size, maybe a little on the tighter side, so if you're in between maybe try the 12s :)

      Delete
  6. Hi Sam! just wanted to ask you what size are you wearing? These look fantastic on you! I really want a pair of quality disco pants but definitely do not want to splurge on the AA ones but I'm reluctant to buying online cos I don't know if they'll fit me well. I'm usually a size 12 but I don't know if I should go down a size in case it's not tight enough or it'll loosen up after a number of wears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are an 8 - I'd say I'm an 8 waist and 10 hips, and these are comfortable but snug - definitely no worries about them being loose, I probably wouldn't be able to breathe if they were any tighter haha, so I think you'll probably be fine in your normal size :)

      Delete

  7. This is an intresting blog that you have posted, you shares a lot of things about Leather Jackets,Bodycon DressesDisco Pants. Which are very informative for

    us.Thanks

    ReplyDelete