Thursday 4 April 2013

'50s vs. '90s - Dusk to Dawn in Motel

When I was invited to take part in Motel's Stylist Hunt, I couldn't wait to throw my hat into the ring by putting together my perfect spring day look from the amazing SS13 selection at Motel Rocks - the perfect antidote to these snowy (!) April days. This is how I would choose to greet our exceptionally tardy new season...

 

Marley Peplum Top, £25 and Mizzy Hot Pants, £35
Shorts + crop top = one of my favourite warm weather looks, and I'm in love with this year's deluge of elegant blue and white prints. A fantastic range of styles sporting this paisley motif is available, from dungarees to dresses, but a crop top and peplum in one, and '50s style high waisted hotpants? How could I resist?

Montana Boyfriend Shirt, £35 and Dr. Martens 1461 3-Eye Shoes, £75
Usually, I'd pair an outfit like this with a cropped cardi plus wedges or pointed kitten heels to max out the vintage vibe, so, for a change, I decided to embrace this season's '90s mania instead. The denim shirt could be worn open as a casual cover-up (Dawson's Creek stylee), or buttoned up and tucked into the shorts for a whole new look! Despite being old enough to recall the '90s in almost their entirety, my feet have never seen the inside of a pair of DMs - so not "me"! But for this pristine white shoe-style, lending classic brogue-esque chic an anachronistic edge, I could break the vow of a lifetime...

Zatchels Saddle Bag, £55
The perfect simple-but-stylish classic to tie in with my fresh blue and white palette without stealing focus.

Eylure Katy Perry Colour Block Blue Lashes, £6.45
Yes, I like things that match! Why not co-ordinate your eyelashes?


Don't forget, you can get 20% off any Motel products you're considering an investment in - just type in the code SAMMUSES at checkout!


Follow Me:

 Follow Me On Bloglovin’RSS FeedFacebookInstagramPinterest

2 comments: